- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Software Engineer - Application Developer
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Design and develop technical solutions in the areas of e-learning, m-learning, content management, learner data tracking, Web Services, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in backend design, development and maintenance.
- Take innovative approach to fulfilling the vision of learning technology.
- Designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, ensuring high-availability and robust performance.
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications and meet business requirements.
- Collaborating on solutions both within and outside the team.
- Participating in technical/systems analysis, design, systems integration testing, implementation and support of software, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Writing well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Producing and maintaining relevant solution documentation.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components in coordination with other Information Systems team members.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating solution alternatives and presenting them for architectural review and consideration.
- Working closely with all members of the Information Systems team to ensure that processes, standards, guidelines and design specifications are documented, kept up to date and followed.
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
- University degree and/or college diploma in a related discipline.
- 5+ years' related work experience in Web application design and development.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in designing and developing applications using:
- Experience with programming e-learning, m-learning, SCORM/AICC/TinCan standards
- Experience with programming LMS (Blackboard, Net Dimension) API
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Java EE platforms, Spring Framework, Struts and MVC.
- XML, XSLT and JSON.
- SVN, Git, ANT, Maven
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle/MS SQL Server).
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate).
- Working experience with SQL, Stored Procedure programming and database schemas.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with team members and business users.
- Ability to remain calm even under pressure and to perform well in a busy environment.
- An overall business approach that is both customer and results-oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills .
- Strong analytical, communication and consultative skills.
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to foster positive constructive working relationships.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in time sensitive situations.
- Strong work ethic; detail-oriented, creative and resourceful.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.