Software Engineer - DevOps
Requisition ID: 84082
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose
As a Software Engineer, DevOps with PLATO Application Engineering, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our DevOps & Operations practice with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
The Enterprise Shared Services group provides solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer digital communication products. If you are passionate about building services that our users will love, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
As part of the DevOps & Ops team, the incumbent will provide leadership and support for the technology platform operations including deployment scripting, test environment management, deployments, integration with relevant platforms, non-functional testing, performance & capacity management, disaster recovery, and ensure adherence to all IT standards. Key Responsibilties:
- Planning and coordinating activities for the DevOps & Ops team.
- Maintaining the DevOps & Operations Roadmap.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of the technology product life cycle.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Create and support Test Automation and Continuous Integration & Deployment methodology/tooling.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create documentation including design, procedures, operational support artifacts.
- Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours.
- Providing sound and rapid recommendations for immediate workarounds or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- At least 2 years of this experience must be in fully automating the deployment process and working with continual deployment tools
- 6 years experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale applications with complex integration and have cloud-based deployment experience
- Solid understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- At least 5 years of technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java, JBoss Fuse/Camel, No SQL databases, and cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS).
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git) and build tools (Maven).
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with No-SQL databases, Microsoft Azure cloud platform, IBM MQ Series and Data Power an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance