Software Engineer - Java
Requisition ID: 84347
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose
As a Software Engineer with PLATO Application Engineering, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our Product Engineering team with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
The Enterprise Shared Services group provides solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer digital communication products. If you are passionate about building services that our users will love, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you! Key Responsibilites:
- Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development , and unit testing of solutions using Java, JBoss Fuse/Camel, and a variety of Azure services.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
- Build and test integration software solutions.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
- Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
- Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
- Solid technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java, JBoss Fuse/Camel, Apache Karaf, Spring, Spring Boot, No SQL databases, microservices and cloud services
- Experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using a service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in docker, Kubernetes is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS)
- Exprience with SOAP/RESTful web service technologies and related security.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git).
- Proficient with build tools (Maven).
- Excellent team player with experince working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in integration technologies such as IBM MQ Series and Data Power an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform or any other cloud platform.
- Familiarity with a non-SQL database is an asset.
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree or equivalent
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Finance