Software Engineer (Java, Unix and ForgeRock)
Requisition ID: 83864
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose:
As a Software Engineer of our Platform Modernizaton, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the bank develops applications, consume services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our engineering team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
The Customer Security Service team provides solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer identity and authentication products. If you are passionate about designing core services that will bring a platform to new and existent users, have a strong IAM developer-focused mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you! Key Accountbailitites:
- Keep pace with Industry Authentication Authorization standrads to optimize design for customer and security acceptance.
- Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover).
- Lead design sessions and code/program design/review, utilizing technologies per "Job Summary" section above. Minimum 5 years solid development experience in these mentioned or related technologies.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create documentation including design, operational support documents.
- Assist Production support team and escalations. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Regularly conveying status to team and management.
Nice to have:
- Primarily skills with Java SDK, Java SE, Java EE , Linux/Unix, Oracle DB, LDAP, Apache Tomcat, REST APIs and UI but not limited to this list
- At least 7 years of experience developing and supporting tier 1 core applications. At least 3 years working knowledge on Identity Management solutions with internet facing Authentication/Authorization standards, and full-stacked secured Access management environments and solutions. Strong Java OO Programming skills.
- Solid experience with industry standards for Federated Authentication and ForgeRock components
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms, A good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
- Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms and cloud based computing, cloud foundry, a good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
- Familiar with cloud and container technologies (eg: GCP and Kubernetes experiences)
- Solid experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines(Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Banking/Financial Services' working experience would be an asset.
- Fluency (writing and speaking) in Spanish language is an asset
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree or equivalent
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Manufacturing Engineer, Java, Unix, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance