Software Test Engineer
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a hands-on QA Automation Test Engineer with proven testing and coding/scripting expertise combined with exceptional communication skills to join the GE Derivatives technology team. This is a highly technical role that requires solid SQL and coding (Python/C#/Java) development skills. In this role, you will help form and drive our overall test automation strategy, and you will be working alongside sharp, like-minded developers and test automation engineers as well. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-Have:
- As a Quality Assurance Automation Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in helping to implement and enhance the QA test automation framework, promoting and improving testability, creating and automating test cases, and identifying and reporting defects.
- Work with development and QA leads to understand objectives and map out testing requirements for automations.
- Manage the design, development of testing specifications, data analysis, and execution
- Support all test activities, enhance, develop and execute manual and automated test scripts, record and track software discrepancies.
- Facilitate resolution and communication across functional groups on issues and decisions
- Design, document, and implement test automation so there is broad functional test coverage
- Work with project stakeholders and developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality
- Ensure that all domain knowledge and test cases are articulated and structured well to enable swift execution by any other members of the QA team
- Direct experience with Python or UI test automation tools e.g. LeanFT / UFT
- Ability to develop automation framework and tools to facilitate automation coverage
- Ability to script and increase usage of automation to reduce testing lead times. (Using languages like C#/Java and scripting languages like Python)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, BladeLogic
- Experience with Windows and UNIX.
- In depth experience in writing and executing test plans.
- Ability to generate test cases from requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience with software development and test life cycle.
- Understanding of database design and ability to use SQL for data retrieval and manipulation
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Great communication skills to work with global teams
- Prior experience with equities derivatives QA testing and/or automation is strongly desired.
- Experience in derivatives & structured product pricing and risk management platforms preferred.
- Experiences in high throughput low latency, low gc, high performance systems in capital markets.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools like Ctrl-M.
- Skill for writing reusable libraries, familiar with various design and architectural patterns