Solution Architect - IAM
Requisition ID: 83581
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose:
- Provide strategic vision to Digital Banking stakeholders on Identity Management and Security product roadmap
- Bring together ideas and innovation that inspire solutions that enable the customer security platform
- Lead a group of developers to provide key design and architectural decisions and guidance to deliver a Customer Authentication/Authorization and Identity solution
- Lead design sessions, rationalizing and making complex design decisions, solid Java web application design and development from front end GUI to back end services.
- Reporting to the Director, the individual will be responsible for:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert as well as a tech lead to multiple scrum teams
- Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover)
- Create documentation including design, operational support documents
- Owner of architecture and process improvements
- Regularly conveying key strategies, tasks, and status to team and management
- Experience developing and supporting applications.
- 2 years working knowledge on Identity Management solutions both external internet facing Authentication/Authorization standard and full-stacked secured Access management
- Strong Java OO Programming skills, LDAP skills, and RDBMS skills
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms and cloud based computing
- A good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time
- Skilled in communicating design concept to influence audience for difficult decisions
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Seasoned in CI & CD skills an dtools
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology backed by hands on experience, development techniques and best practices for an enterprise framework
Knowledge in followings:
- Authentication Protocols: SAML 2, OIDC, Oauth 2
- Security: PKI, security keys
- Cloud Computing: Azure, AWS, Cloud Foundry
- Various authentication Factors
- General web site attacking scenarios
- Understand SMS, Push Notification, and Email delivery
- Working knowledge of mobile programming is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Developer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance