Sr. Application Specialist (AML Risk Modelling)
Requisition ID: 79067
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
Join a rapidly growing team in Scotiabank, as we embark on redefining the future of anti-money laundering capabilities in the Bank by leveraging cutting edge technologies.
You will be part of a dynamic application engineering team as we rollout enterprise platforms globally to many different business units and countries. We are looking for individuals with a passion for quality delivery, innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank. The Role
The Senior Application Specialist will be a liaison between AML risk modeling and technology delivery teams. You will be responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of solutions to bring AML risk models to reality leveraging Oracle's FCCM (Mantis) AML monitoring software and other data modeling tools. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- The Senior Application Specialist acts as the Subject Matter Expert/Mentor on AML risk model implementations. With expert knowledge of AML software Oracle FCCM (Mantis), data ETL and the underlying AML risk models, the Senior Application Specialist is a trusted advisor to both the AML risk model teams and technology delivery teams.
- Manage and participate 'hands-on' in the implementation of Oracle FCCM (Mantis) solutions and AML model implementations by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling and testing.
- Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
- Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
- Participate in the Architecture forum. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to complex technical problems by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
The following are must:
- Hands on experience with data transformation and ETL
- Hands on experience with risk modeling tools such as Python
- Analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand complex issues and summarize in simple language to executives
- The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technologies:
- Python (2+ years)
- Big data technologies such as Hive (2+ years)
- Data transformation experience (mapping or development, 2+ years)
- Technology project delivery (7+ years)
- The following are an asset:
- Oracle FCCM (Mantis) platform (2+ years)
- Agile and DevOps team experience
- Hands on experience with other AML applications, i.e. NICE Actimize, Fircosoft, FINTRAC reporting
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Database, Oracle, Finance, Technology