- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 18
Sr. Database Developer
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Sr. Database developer is responsible for creating specifications, designing, programming, checking and documenting AXIS database features and architecture. This involves internal object and result storage as well as external connectivity and export/import database solutions. This role is also required to provide troubleshooting and support to technical support analysts. In addition, the Sr. Database developer is responsible for mentoring and supervising Junior Programmers. This role reports to the System Design Team Lead as part of the System Design Team.
- Lead developing of the system features utilizing Database design and programming
- Oversee the Database architecture of AXIS and related products
- Create technical documents for external clients and internal colleagues
- Provide solutions for GGY users based on their needs
- Provide client support for end users on Database related issues (both internal and external).
- Provide technical training for new clients.
- Provide technical direction for junior programmers.
- Perform code review with other programmers.
- Provide programming and debugging support for actuarial programmers.
- Research and review new technologies that can be integrated into company product
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate computer science degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Experience in working with SQL Server and programming for it
- Comprehensive knowledge of C++ and C#/.Net technology
- Experienced in software design and development
- Experienced in designing high performance database applications and performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
- Hands-on knowledge of VBA or similar scripting languages
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging programming defects in large applications
- 7+ years of experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.