Sr. Hadoop and HBase Admin with Strong Linux background
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Treasury Analytics Group is responsible for measurement and management of market risk (interest rate and foreign exchange) for the Bank's retail portfolios. The team develops financial models and processes required for measuring, transfer pricing, hedging product profitability, and financial management reporting.
The Treasury Analytics Group is embarking on a brand new initiative to build the next generation strategic platform for risk, valuations and analytics to meet the growing and future needs of the department. This is an exciting opportunity to work on Cloud Integration (Azure) as well as cutting edge technologies including Big Data and NoSQL databases (Hadoop Ecosystem: Hbase, Hive, SPARK, and MongoDB) to allow the business to gain advanced insight into their portfolios and valuation metrics. Job Description About the Role
- Deploy Hadoop cluster with HBase and other components such as YARN, Zookeeper, Hive, Spark2 and Kafka using Ambari
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure, including HDFS, HBase, Yarn, Zookeeper and Kafka
- Setup and maintain HBase replication between datacenters
- Cluster capacity planning, add and remove nodes
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of Hadoop cluster, HBase, MapReduce, Spark and Kafka
- Ability to design and perform platform stack version upgrade
- Troubleshoot any issue in Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Yarn
- Ability to create scripts for monitoring and managing Hadoop cluster and components
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Four or more years working experience with large Hadoop/HBase/Yarn clusters: setup, migration, upgrading and scaling up
- Strong Linux system administration experience, with very deep knowledge in system IO, performance, logging etc.
- Strong scripting skill in one of Bash, Python, Groovy, Perl or Ruby
- Strong troubleshooting skills, log searching and analyzing, deep understanding of system capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage and networks
- Proven track record with troubleshooting with YARN jobs, HBase replication, Hadoop cluster, zookeeper and other Hadoop issues.
- Java application knowledge with JVM tuning
- Nice to have working experience of automation tools such as Salt, Ansible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.