Sr. IT Data Analyst
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 21 Apr 19
Sr. IT Data Analyst
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Phone Channel is comprised of over 15000 employees across North America supporting over 50MM annual live customer/client contacts and 200MM+ automated contacts across 5 major lines of business in TD (TD Insurance, Wealth, TD Bank & TDCT and MBNA line of businesses ).
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Phone Channel Technology Solutions Team to work closely with a variety of business and technology groups to support the delivery of a number of critical projects and initiatives designed to enhance the customer/client and employee experience while driving efficiencies, innovation and reducing costs and increasing revenue.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The role will be part of the Phone Channel CTS Technology Solutions team. Primarily the individual will be focusing on data analysis, architectural solutions, lead projects delivery including estimation, resourcing, planning and execution working with delivery managers and project managers The individual will be also responsible for creating system requirement document, Source-To-Target-Mapping, Data mapping and extraction rules, translation of business rules to system processes.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data life cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies.
- Design, implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements.
- Work with technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, provide analysis and requirements so that data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with intended design and standards.
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform (e.g. Hadoop).
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis.
- Help development and testing teams resolve data issues.
- Support the user community by helping them interpret data.
- Engage with data managers, stewards and owners to implement, maintain, enhance data governance, quality and related policies, aligning with TD's standards and frameworks.
- Ensure capture of requirements related to data privacy and security, governance and access controls.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- BS degree in Computer Service or equivalent work experience
- Excellent Analysis and Design skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 10+ years expert knowledge in Database/SQL skills in one or more popular database technologies preferably SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Suite.
- 7+ years with expert knowledge in developing ETL application preferably SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 7+ years with expert knowledge in developing Analytical tools preferably SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- 7+ years with expert knowledge in developing Reporting tools preferably SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- 7+ years with expert knowledge in developing .NET based web applications preferably using C# language SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Preferable to have skills in scripting tools like Java Script, VB script.
- Preferable to have working exposure to Big Data tools and technologies.
- Team player with positive attitude, independent problem solver and fast learner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment switching between various projects and priorities.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.