Sr. Mobile Engineer (iOS) / Sr. iOS Developer
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Digital team is innovative and rapidly growing. We are looking for experienced Senior iOS Developers who are passionate about technology and bring a depth of mobile application development experience. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- You will be responsible for designing and developing native iOS code to maintain and add functionality to RBC's mobile banking application.
- Conduct and contribute to design and code reviews ensuring standards are met
- Oversee, lead and coach junior developers on software engineering practices, code quality and OO design
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, product owners, testers, user-experience, security and fraud
- Continuously improve the app, finding ways to simplify and refactor code
- 5+ years of experience developing for iOS, including Objective-C, Swift, XCode, git
- A thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming, MVC, MVVM and iOS application architecture
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for both iPhone and iPad applications using UIKit and Interface Builder
- Automated testing using XCTest and XCUI
- Experience with networking, including HTTP, SOAP and REST
- Understanding of IT Standards, UX Design, Accessibility, Agile Methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a collaborative, team player, who values giving and receiving constructive feedback and who has strong interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
- Experience in a banking environment
- Mobile payments experience
- Extreme programming, TDD
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. Visit people.rbc.com
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- 4 weeks vacation