Sr. Performance Engineering Lead
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed \u2013 experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There's room to grow in all of this. Job Description About This Role
We need someone to provide expert advice, research, analysis and design of test plans, related strategies and test processes that are appropriate to the application, solution, project and/or business unit. As part of this role, you'll be involved in moderate to highly complex projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Lead test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Be responsible for all project/ release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Coordinate testing planning, support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Lead documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria and gating).
- Apply risk analysis methodologies, tools that align with a project's development approach.
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects to project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Lead relationships with project team, offshore teams, release teams, third-parties, clients.
- Build, maintain test environments. monitor, trouble shoot, triage, resolve issues.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, recommend solutions.
- Track financials.
- Identify, track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Experience working independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks.
- Expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance and data management methodologies).
- Proficiency in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Talent in testing risks within projects and recommending ways to mitigate them.
- Platforms Clients/Servers : AS/400, Windows Websphere Application Server (WAS), Weblogic Server (WLS), Websphere MQ, JBoss (RHEL 6/7), NodeJS
- Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2012, Linux RedHat, AS400, Oracle JVM 1.7/1.8, IBM JVM 1.7/1.8
- RDBMS: Oracle Database 11g/12g, MSSQL 2008/2012, DB2 AS400
- API: SOAP, Rest
- Framework: Selenium, Junit, Grinder
- Tools: HP Performance Center, HP LoadRunner, Dynatrace, Parasoft SOATest/LoadTest, Windows
- Perfmon, OS tools (Windows Tools, Linux Tools, AS400 Performance Tools), Jmeter, Selenium, SOAPUI, Microsoft Office Excell & Visio,
- DevOps tools: Jenkins CI/Test Automation, Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint, Accurev, Virtual API Services (mock) CA Lisa
- Methodology: agile delivery frameworks and effective integration of QA/Testing capabilities within a variety of delivery methodologies (agile, iterative, waterfall)
- Drive and execute performance Engineering for medium to large-scale applications (Enterprise-wide, Internet applications, packages) and able to prepare and present overall test Plan/Strategy/Tuning/Environment needs.
- Create Performance Testing Strategies and associated execution plans; specifically establish and implement an Agile delivery model for performance testing across TDI portfolios.
- Optimize service reliability and performance, and help scale high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems. Performance analysis and tuning across all services and layers.
- Find optimizations both within application stacks and across the infrastructure.
- Performance analysis of the application under varied loads and parameters and gather the application Capacity and memory footprint.
- Define and implement Methodologies for adopting Early Performance Testing / Engineering
- Analyze industry best practices to recommend improvements to methodology, test environments and workflow to promote an efficient and cost-effective performance engineering process.
- Perform R&D work to assess various tools and technologies available in the market
- Improve early performance bottleneck discovery and quality cost by introducing performance tests to the Continuous Delivery pipeline using HP Performance Center, Jenkins and in-house developed tools.
- Work collaboratively with the Solution Architect to analyze and identify performance bottlenecks earlier in the cycle and make the stable releases ready for consumption
- Introduce the concept of Java heap trend analysis by linear regression.
- Deploy and maintain the client-side performance evaluation tool based on the open-source tool.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements.
- Provide technical leadership to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Ability to install /configure and use Dynatrace for application monitoring in test/Prod environments real time and detects and diagnoses problems automatically.
- Responsible for adoption of service virtualization for all performance engineering projects. Act as a change agent - educate product owners and other relevant parties, on the benefits of service virtualization.
- Work with Architects and Production Support teams to build Dashboards for Production feedback
- Drive and build Enablers & Accelerators to be used in the performance engineering space
- Drive and implement innovation and improve the processes
- Provide Thought leadership to the performance engineering team and the TS partners
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.