Sr. Project Manager
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You will be joining an outstanding team working on high profile programs. As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of large projects in a matrix environment, e.g. Enterprise Client Relationship Management (ECRM). You'll provide guidance to others and manage a portfolio of projects from end-to-end. You'll lead teams of stakeholders and business partners to ensure projects of all sizes are completed in line with the team's budget and timeline. You'll use your expertise in project management methodology to make recommendations for continuous improvements on all project plans. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Project Management - Outline project goals, terms of reference, resource requirements, and costs. Help create a resource plan that ensures all stakeholders have a voice on the project. Assess the efficiency of the practices and procedures used by the team, and provide guidance that will continuously improve the project plan. Must have knowledge of and experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling projects. Deep understanding and experience managing Project Financials required, including estimating, tracking and managing variances. Deep understanding and experience creating and managing Project Schedules required, including managing issues and risks. Preference will be given to candidates with delivery experience in both IT and Business projects/programs.
- Collaboration - Help internal partners make informed decisions about the development of programs, products, and services. Coach and mentor your project teams as you work toward a common goal and negotiate deliverables and milestones whenever necessary.
- Project Coordination - Proactively identify anything that will take projects off schedule and find solutions to correct the problem. Monitor milestones, and ensure they're completed according to timelines and budgets. Execute a project plan that is personalized for your team's preferred mix of budget, time, and risk.
- People Change Management - Identify all in-scope Business Units and understand the change requirements. Leverage our People Change Management best practices in an efficient manner to ensure Business adoption for critical projects. Key focus areas will include Leadership adoption and employee engagement, supported through a robust communication and training plan.
What CIBC Offers
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create shared vision.
- You have a degree/diploma in Business, Arts, Science, Engineering, and/or a related field of study. It's an asset if you have your PMP Designation.
- You can demonstrate experience in 8-10 years of success running end-to-end strategic projects / programs and change management as a Business Project Manager in a fast-paced environment; Project Management methodology, principles, and tools, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Project Manager. It's an asset if you have experience with Agile methodologies, Program/Portfolio Management, Business Case creation, HP Planview and Project Reporting Facility. It's an asset if you have experience with Change Management Metholdogy and tools.Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC East 5th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours