Sr. QA Portfolio Analyst (SAP Payroll)
Requisition ID: 79734
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Enterprise Technology Quality Assurance team plays an important role in providing and delivering high quality services to key stakeholders across the Bank by ensuring that quality standards are met across Enterprise Technology. Quality Assurance testing is performed by using QA methodologies and best practices that align with the Bank's established Enterprise Delivery Framework to assess the adequacy, adherence and effectiveness of the business & technology solutions being delivered. The Role
The QA Portfolio Analyst Senior - Payroll reports to the Senior QAT SAP Payroll Specialist as part of a team that manages the creation and implementation of testing strategies and governance of test execution of internal applications to establish the impact they have on the business.
The QA Portfolio Analyst Senior - Payroll will collaborate with internal and external teams across the organization as well as with external vendors to ensure business needs are met and are compliant with the established standards of the Bank. As the QA Portfolio Analyst Senior - Payroll, you will be part of a forward-thinking team that constantly adapts to the needs of the business. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- The main function of this role is to develop, implement and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting (including follow-up and issue resolution) for SAP Payroll projects and initiatives.
- Participate in testing activities for assigned application systems by reviewing and evaluating requirements and design documentation. Test activities include the creation and design of UAT test plans, creation and design of test documentation such as test scenarios, test cases, test scripts and test exit report.
- Provide and participate in test support activities for annual data testing and payroll auditing for HR team and other SOX control compliance requirements. Support and participate in year end processes and provide analysis and solutions to complex payroll issues and requirements.
- Attend work sessions where design documents (EDD, User Stories etc.) are being developed to gain a full understanding of project scope and requirements being implemented to ensure they are adequately documented and represented to allow for their efficient translation into test materials (test scenarios, test cases).
- Ensure that all project and SAP related testing activities are planned and completed in accordance with established standards and in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide expertise and payroll systems support for SAP. Troubleshoot when problems arise and contribute to their resolution in a hands-on manner when necessary.
- Participate in the creation and documentation of procedures (reporting processes, training guides etc..) as it pertains to SAP Payroll.
- Analyze and report the need for system enhancements or customization where required.
- Participate in project execution activities to support global expansion initiatives (Global HR transformation).
- Provide support for data entry/maintenance activities into SAP Payroll system and assure data integrity of HR Information.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands on experience with SAP HR/HCM are required.
- Payroll knowledge of wage and hour payroll practices is a must.
- Experience in various Infotypes in PA30, personnel actions using PA40 and payroll process.
- Ability to work with integration functionality between Payroll and Finance postings is required.
- Minimum working experience of 5 years in testing.
- Excellent knowledge of testing standards and methodologies.
- Experience utilizing testing software such as HPALM and xRAY.
- Experience in writing test documentation such as test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test result reports.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. (vlookup, pivots, databases)
- Intermediate SQL (Structured Query Language) skills
- Sound knowledge of Waterfall and Agile delivery framework.
- Experience in SAP Successfactors is an asset.
- Able to effectively communicate in a clear and succinct manner and must be able to interface and effectively influence at all organizational levels. Ability to handle conflict with confidence and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Superior analytical skills required.
- Must be self-confident and self- motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Payroll, SAP, Bank, Banking, ERP, Finance, Technology