TDS Lead Operations Officer
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview The Global Metals Group, headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Singapore, is a sales and trading business within TD Securities Fixed Income, Currency, and Metals division servicing wholesale clients. Our seasoned teams of professionals specialize in all aspects of risk management in the precious metal (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) and base metal (aluminum, copper, lead, nickel, tin, and zinc) markets.
Global Operations and Business Services provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control the trading, investment and corporate banking functions of TD Securities. Our mission is 'To Deliver World Class Service' to all internal and external clients as we place a focus on people, processes and controls.
The Global Metals Operations team is part of Capital Markets and partners with the front office and other groups globally to mitigate risk and deliver world class service to our global client base. The team provides operational support and control functions within the Trade lifecycle including trade allocations, exceptions management, confirmations, settlements and client investigations. The team is also heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model. Job Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational support for the business including trade confirmations, and settlements investigations. The incumbent will collaborate daily with cross functional team and Global partners and clients in Toronto, New York, Singapore and London to deliver control functions and mitigate risk to provide a seamless client service experience. This position is also responsible to explore and deliver leading edge innovation and process improvements to streamline our support model. Job Accountabilities
Requirements Job Requirement:
- Ensure day-to day operational support functions are performed accurately in accordance with the department's policies; outstanding settlements are immediately followed-up and/or escalated with the client and the Front Office in order to avoid any losses to the bank
- Ensure all confirmations are drafted, dispatched and executed accurately in accordance with the policies
- Ensure risk, control and service level requirements are maintained
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade and settlement lifecycle by interacting with multiple Trading Desks and other global Operations teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
- Chase and follow up with clients on all outstanding confirmations and escalate in timely manner
- Report and escalate any un-confirmed or failed trades to the desk and senior management in a timely manner.
- Acquire and apply expertise business knowledge, drive cross team collaboration by providing guidance and direction to team members and other business units
- Effectively handle crucial and/or high risk issues, determining the most appropriate and expeditious course for the successful resolution by exercising tact and diplomacy and maintaining good customer relations.
- Work closely with business partners to execute a number of critical projects and initiatives and actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze service delivery issues and identify potential solutions that enhance the customer experience and support the firms' business objectives
- Foster an innovation culture and mindset by challenging and evolving the business strategy and identifying efficiencies within the trade lifecycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for innovation and simplification and self-motivation
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of business partners with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Design, creativity and problem solving skills
- Commitment to excellence and client service
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a network of contacts throughout the banking industry and act as a consultant to the different groups within the Bank such as Front Office, Credit, Finance and Technology
- 2 years' experience in an Operations related role, preferably experience within metals transactions would be considered any asset.
- Strong knowledge of payments, SWIFT standards and reconciliations
- Strong knowledge of SWIFT standards and ISDA requirements for the various types of Global Metals products
- Experience with software development with Python (pandas, dash by plotly), VBA or JAVA
- Experience developing with Python at all stages of analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with data manipulation
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.