TDS Operations Analyst I
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview The Global Operations and Business Services Family Global Operations and Business Services is a diverse and dynamic group of professionals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical risk management and control functions for sales and trading, investment, and corporate banking. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. So, if you are zealous, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, joining our team would be an ideal opportunity for you. Why Funding & Cash Management Operations? Funding & Cash Management Operations is part of Capital Market Operations and partners with the front office and other areas within TD Securities globally to mitigate risk for TD and our clients. We are a Global team that responsible for the cash management of TD Securities\u2019 external Trading bank accounts and for determining TD Securities Internal funding requirements and communicating these to the appropriate funding desks. In addition, this group manages confirmations, settlements and trade support process for TD Securities' Money Market trading activities. Funding & Cash Management Operations communicates daily with various internal and external business groups such as front office partners, offshore offices, and externally with Correspondent banks and various clients to meet our Service Level Agreement. The team is heavily involved in strategic initiatives, business development, and process improvements to drive efficiency, improve client service levels and reduce risk. Job Description Who you are
Specific Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- You can demonstrate experience and knowledge of Money Market products through industry experience in capital markets, operations, risk and/or control functions.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile because it's the right thing to do.
- You have a passion for simplification. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have the ability to think conceptually (\u201Cout-of-the-box\u201D) and exercise good business judgment and problem solving skills.
Requirements Overview and Purpose:
- Determining daily internal funding requirements for various capital Markets businesses/products within TDS, including, but not limited to, Corporate Lending, International Fixed Income, Equity Derivatives, Structured Products Group and Interest Rate Derivatives.
- Administration of Daily Funding Requirement (DFR) internal funding system and setting up new funding relationships
- Supporting the front office Funding desk in providing their intra day daily cash position, managing their trade blotter and other various Cash Management functions
- Contributing to a continuous improvement culture across Global Operations at the grassroots level by identifying opportunities for process improvements and development of business requirements
- Managing change and dealing with ambiguity effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Identifying, understanding and managing risk appropriately
Accountabilities to the Customer:
- Report to Manager
- Completes transactions, investigation or other processing activities
- Conduct investigation and process improvement
Accountabilities to the Shareholder:
- Process transactions accurately and on time
- Escalate processing issues where necessary to ensure a high level of service is maintained
- Serve clients as required- adhere to Service Level Agreements and internal service delivery standards
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, support process improvement initiatives
Accountabilities to the Team:
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
- Follow firm and industry regulations and operating practices in completing and recording transactions for either the firm or clients
- Escalate non-standard or high risk transactions or other activities as appropriate
- Ensure documentation prepared/ completed is accurate and properly reflects client/ business intentions and is consistent with relevant rules/ regulations
- Complete investigations- report/ escalate risk issues identified or process gaps
- Access systems, know and apply system capabilities, ensure upload/ download of information is completed timely and accurately
- Assist in analysis, development, testing and implementation of operating and process improvements
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment
- Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area
- Participate in performance management and development activities
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/ progress of projects and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for innovation and simplification
- Design, creativity and problem solving skills
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of business partners with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Commitment to excellence and client service
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a network of contacts throughout the banking industry and act as a consultant to the different groups within the Bank such as Front Office, Credit, Finance and Technology
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics or other discipline.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel would be considered an asset
- Minimum two years\u2019 of experience in an Analytical role at a financial institution
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.