Team Leader, Income Tax
What is the opportunity?
The team specializes in assisting Estate & Trust Services Relationship Managers by providing efficient, accurate and quality client service. Key client service elements include preparing an estate asset summary and income tax preparation. The Team Leader will assist and support Relationship Managers by providing income tax technical support and by preparing Estate income tax returns. Quality, attention to detail and meeting key milestones are paramount. Team play, collaboration and developing inter-personal relationships are important skills for success. Please visit: https://royaltrust.rbcwealthmanagement.com/en/ for more information. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Participates in preparing and reviewing Estate Summaries of Estate assets and liabilities.
- Prepares and reviews estate income tax returns (T-1D, T-3)
- Acts as income tax resource person for clients and internal partners
- Proactively maintains timely written, verbal and electronic communication internally and with external contacts
- Identifies, investigates and resolves all inquiries as required, and collaborates with other Team Leaders.
- Coaches and mentors a small team
- Leverages the use of technology to maximize efficiencies and ensures that all files are appropriately documented.
- Exercises due diligence in following procedures relative to RBC policy, and E&T procedures and guidelines.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Accounting designation or equivalent
- Canadian Securities Course, or willingness to complete in 1 year
- Estate Income Tax preparation experience
- Excellent written/verbal/electronic communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Estate administration experience
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.