Technical Lead (Cloud Architect), Scarborough
Requisition ID: 75550
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Technical Lead , you will be part of the Global marketing technology (GMT) team. You will be primary responsible for leading architecture, design, and operationalization of Microsoft Azure cloud- native infrastructure solutions to support GMT services around the globe; Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Columbia.
You will also lead continuous improvement and enhancement activities around security and compliance on GMT cloud-based infrastructure solutions. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will consult and assess on cloud-native infrastructure solutions for GMT team
- You will simplify and automate deployment and releases of GMT infrastructure changes via DevOps pipeline
- You will continuously improve observability of GMT infrastructure services through advanced synthetic monitoring with Splunk and Dynatrace
- You will provide Tier-3 support of GMT infrastructure services
- You will direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
What's in it for you?
- You have an expert level understanding of the following networking technologies:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- IP networking & TCP/IP concepts
- IP-based firewall concepts
- Global and local traffic load balancers
- Layer 7 firewalls such as API security gateways
- Web content and database data caching
- You have 5+ years hands-on experience with architecture, operationalization, and administration of Linux based infrastructure solutions
- You have 2+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure services including but not limited to:
- Virtual Machines & Scale Sets
- Azure Security Gateway
- Azure Dedicated Host
- Container Instances & Registry
- SQL Server on Virtual Machines
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Resource Manager
- You have 3+ years hands-on experience in architecture, design, and operationalize infrastructure solutions using Akamai Cloud Services including but not limited to:
- DNS Services
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Global Load Balancing Traffic Manager
- API Gateway
- You have a University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or equivalent
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Bank, Banking, Medical, Cloud, Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, Technology