Test Automation Lead Engineer
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a Lead Test Automation Engineer with proven technical leadership in the QE space, relentlessly striving for automation in all things QE and wanting to drive change. Keys to success are exceptional communication and technical advocacy skills to join the Engineering Transformation team within Retail Applications. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- As a Lead Test Automation Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in helping to implement and enhance the QE test automation framework, promoting and improving testability, creating and automating test cases, and identifying and reporting defects
- Advocate the usage of test automation frameworks and behaviour driven development
- Develops feasibility studies and proposals on DevOps for senior management and executive decisions on complex projects
- Design, document, and implement test automation so there is broad functional test coverage
- Support all test activities, enhance, develop and execute automated test scripts, record and track software discrepancies
- Facilitate resolution and communication across functional groups on issues and decisions
- Develops criteria for and participates in the evaluation of 3rd party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises
- Work with project stakeholders and developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality
What's in it for you?
- Ability to develop automation framework and tools to facilitate automation coverage
- Ability to script and increase usage of automation to reduce testing lead times
- Experience in Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design and Agile delivery
- Direct experience with Python or UI test automation tools: LeanFT / UFT
- Experience with BDD tooling: Cucumber
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and DevOps tools: GitHub, Jenkins, UCD, SonarQube
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
QAA http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs