UX Interaction Designer
Are you an UX/UI designer ready for a new challenge? Do you enjoy solving challenges and helping users achieve their goals? Are you an innovative creative thinker who is interested in improving how people interact with their money and creating experiences that increase efficiencies? RBC Bank is hiring a User Experience Designer (UX/UI) to create easy-to-use, intuitive and enjoyable experiences for our Innovation team that focuses on defining the next generation of user centered financial services. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of experience design using principles, methods and techniques of design thinking. You will partner with our product management team and business stakeholders to conceptualize and bring to life product ideas. What is the opportunity?
Our goal being an Innovation Lab at RBC is to lead and drive the next generation of financial services. They are imaginative and use strong Human Centered Design (HCD) principles to produce high-quality visuals and empathy research techniques to understand our users and define the problems they face, and implement this knowledge to develop creative product design solutions.
We're looking for someone that can instinctively define identify potential opportunities to improve the experience of digital products and then visually bring it to life. It's a task that'll be made easier by collaborating with a top-notch team of product owners and developers following a shared vision. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching and solving a problem.
- Drive a consistent look and feel for emerging product leveraging the established design system/brand identity as well as create and define new designs to add to the established design system.
- Translate high-level requirements into simple, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for visual and experience.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, icons and illustrations to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs solutions to key stakeholders, peers and leaders in the organization.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive project progress and benefits.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science. 2+ years of experience as a visual designer, user interface designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- Excellent visual design, typography, layout and color sensibilities and skills. Proficiency with visual design/prototyping tools like Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, principle, framer etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user centered design processes. Familiarity and strong understanding of the iOS Design Guidelines and material design priciples
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to a wide and varied audience
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional or personal) which showcases examples of design process from low-fidelity sketches through detailed designs
What's in it for you?
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Experience with financial services.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Opportunities to do challenging work
Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs