Vice President, Solutions Integrations & Delivery - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 40393
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
Provides strategic direction, leadership and oversight for build, delivery, integration and support of infrastructure solutions that mean business needs, while ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, procedures and architecture guidelines. Key Accountabilities:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for ensuring development and delivery of infrastructure solutions that meet business needs and align with BNS technology standards and patterns, globally.
- Develop and execute strategy for infrastructure support of, and participation in, DevOps operating models with business technology teams.
- Lead participation and contribute resources to cross-disciplinary ecosystems, developed jointly with business stakeholders, in support of stability enhancement, technology delivery performance and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with business technology stakeholders and Enterprise Architecture to enable and help drive adoption of automated CIAD pipeline (i.e., Accelerator) for on-premise and off-premise (i.e., Cloud) deployments
- Builds processes and teams to support ongoing dialogue and partnership with business stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategy and clarity around services, costs and delivery expectations. Chief advocate for lines of business within GTS.
- Leads team responsible for project management and tracking of business-initiated IT infrastructure projects, globally.
- Builds process and capabilities (tools, talent) to track and highlight technical debt issues throughout the technology landscape. Works with colleagues in GTS and business lines to develop and champion plans to address the debt.
- Accountable for achievement of annual budget targets, and for partnering with business stakeholders to meet business-level targets. Proactively identifies and champions opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in the technology landscape.
- Uses multiple strategies to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of technology talent, building a cohesive team with a shared vision. Provides strong leadership in setting the group's priorities, strategy and performance objectives. Motivates individual and team performance, knowledge sharing, interprets organizational direction, measures performance, and diagnoses training and development needs.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Experience / Education:
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, global technical teams in a highly complex and matrixed organization. Ability to lead through influence, excellence and example is essential to success.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills. Excellent oral and written communication, ability to present confidently to senior executives, attention to detail and strong planning and management ability.
- The incumbent must be a very strong leader, with demonstrated ability to lead technical teams and build and maintain credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders, alike. Deep knowledge of relevant technologies must be combined with business acumen and excellent communication and listening skills.
- The incumbent should have experience leading technical teams through periods of uncertainty and major change, demonstrating the ability to inspire and align the team to support and deliver the change objectives.
- Deep and broad knowledge of enterprise technologies is expected. Experience in a IT service delivery company and/or consultancy role would be helpful.
- The incumbent should have experience delivering IT solutions and services in a large, complex and global environment with a mix of emerging, current and legacy technology. Familiarity and direct experience with outsource delivery models is essential, and experience with repatriation of services is highly desired.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, IT service management methodologies (e.g., ITIL) is expected.
- Experience with and knowledge of formal project management methodologies.
- English fluency required, Spanish ability a plus.
- University degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 10 years experience in IT service delivery senior leadership roles. Financial services and, specifically, banking experience is highly desired.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Law, Computer Science, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Compliance, Legal, Technology