Canadian Equities Analyst
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for an Analyst to strengthen our growing Canadian Equities team at Phillips Hager & North (RBC Global Asset Management) in Vancouver. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to develop extensive understanding of financial markets in a dynamic and collaborative team environment leading to a challenging and successful career in investment management. What will you do?
- Independently conduct fundamental analysis of industry sectors and individual companies, focusing on business factors such as financial performance, competitive position, corporate strategy, and quality of company management;
- Build proprietary financial forecasts and expected return models depicting a range of potential investment scenarios;
- Remain current on trends and specific events that might impact the outlook of industries and companies;
- Engage and evaluate company senior management teams through one-on-one interviews, conference calls and group meetings;
- Write comprehensive company reports to communicate investment analysis and conclusions;
- Participate in collaborative team discussions of prospective investment decisions;
- Pro-actively provide portfolio managers with timely stock ideas, utilizing various fundamental, technical and quantitative techniques
What do you need to succeed?
- Must be CFA level 2 or above
- Must have a minimum 3-5yrs of working experience in either the buy or sell side of the Investment Industry
- Ability to independently initiate and problem solve;
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with the design and use of complex Excel models;
- Strong work ethic; ability to contribute to a fast-paced results-driven investment team;
- Highly effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated educational achievement with a degree in Finance/Accounting, Math, Engineering;
- Strong desire to live and work in Vancouver as part of a collaborative team
- Two to four years of capital markets experience.
- Experience as an associate equity analyst would be beneficial
- Knowledge or Background in the Energy Infrastructure Sector ( Pipelines / Utilities ) and / or Real Estate sectors would be an asset
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Challenging work
- Variety of assignments
- Financial strength and a strong brand
- Management that supports your work and progression
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.