Chief Financial Officer
- 101,900 - 127,400
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- BC Public Service Agency
- 03 Oct 18
At Destination British Columbia we are a team of collaborative, insight-driven, results-focussed marketers. We are recognized globally for our strong, authentic brand, award-winning creative and leading-edge strategy. We work hard, support each other unreservedly, and consider it a privilege to educate travellers about the spectacular province we call home.
The Finance and Corporate Services unit provides a comprehensive range of financial, administrative and support services to Destination BC. Through collaborative working arrangements with central services agencies within the Provincial Government and across Destination BC, the Finance and Corporate Services unit is responsible for ensuring that core corporate services are delivered to the Corporation efficiently and with the nimbleness and agility required by a fast-paced marketing organisation in a highly competitive global industry.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) directs the provision of financial and corporate services according to best practises, financial principles, professional ethics and standards while ensuring these services are provided in the most effective and efficient manner possible and are fully integrated and aligned with Destination BC’s corporate strategy, goals and objectives as well as the requirements of government, Destination BC’s shareholder. The CFO has responsibility for the administration of the Corporation’s finances and responsibility for oversight and management of effective systems of control, risk management, compliance and disclosure that ensure the achievement of business objectives while meeting relevant statutory obligations. This role is responsible for the effective financial management of a crown corporation with unique circumstances pertaining to large transfer payments to service providers, IT assets which are significant and unique within government, data protection and privacy considerations and capital planning.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA – i.e. CA, CGA, CMA designation).
- Proven experience at a senior financial management level.
- Proven knowledge and experience of the generally accepted accounting principles for provincial reporting entities established by the Canadian Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB).
- Proven experience at a senior level of human and financial resource management practices within a complex business or public sector organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collaborate strategically with a wide variety of stakeholders and balance the needs and interests of diverse groups.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply before October 19, 2018 please go to: