What is the opportunity?
As a credit specialist supporting a high performing commercial banking sales team with portfolio management and compliance support you will contribute to an exceptional client experience by providing superior business, financial and credit advice. Your support as a strategic partner to the Commercial Account Manager managing the credit process will enable enhanced client-facing time. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Leverage superior business analysis skills to meet client expectations for credit requests and completion of annual reviews
- Provide quality business analysis and credit advice through presentation options that clearly articulate advantages and benefits to the client
- Demonstrate RBC's capability to provide creative financial solutions in a timely manner and deliver credit solutions that meet or exceed needs
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and collaboration by coaching, mentoring and assisting colleagues to meet the needs of all clients
- Exercise due diligence in recommending credit applications, working in collaboration with Risk Management, especially in supporting risk processes and guidelines
- Proven track record in financial and credit analysis in support of exceptional client relationship management
- Minimum post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in commercial lending in a financial institution
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Experience with emerging communications and technology (i.e., web based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
What's in it for you?
- Assessment of risk and financial analysis, credit structuring/solutions and presenting the deal
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Accounting designation (CPA/CA/CGA/CMA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Specialized industry expertise in a past role (e.g. real estate, healthcare, agriculture etc.)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional growth
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada's biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com .
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.