RBC Global Asset Management ("RBC GAM") is a North American-based asset management firm with global scope and industry-leading investment management capabilities. The PH&N Institutional team, as a division of RBC GAM, is widely considered a thought leader amongst both investment consultants and institutional clients, based on a long term track record of delivering exceptional investment solutions and service. Please visit: https://institutional.phn.com for more information.
The Institutional Associate works within the Institutional team to support client service and represent investment management teams to clients, with a focus on Liability Driven Investments. What will you do?
- Collaborate with other Associates and Institutional Portfolio Managers to prepare presentations and other forms of client communication including investment driven projects, proposals and client requests.
- Play a key role in day-to-day support of client mandates including mandate structuring, cash flows.
- Compose written market analysis, and create & maintain charts and slides.
- Assist in creating content and managing production, review and distribution of client reporting (monthly, quarterly, and on request).
- Preparation of mandate specific performance and attribution analysis (quarterly and on request).
- Play a growing role in internal/external presentations, as experience and client familiarity develops.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of portfolio construction process, market conditions and portfolio positioning.
- Assist in managing cash flows and benchmark changes and monitoring portfolio compliance.
- Support research/creative analysis for white papers, portfolio structuring, product development, risk modelling and internal/external seminars etc.
- University degree. Undergrad actuarial/finance degree an asset
- 3-5 years' investment and financial services industry experience
- CFA Candidate - currently enrolled or completed CFA
- Ability to compose accurately written market analysis and create/maintain charts & slides
- Thorough understanding of financial markets.
- Superior PC literacy, superior knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook), and the ability to utilize and become proficient in the use of various tools and systems.
Nice to Have
- Strong professional written and verbal communication in English
- High attention to detail and passion for excellence in quality of work; willing to go the extra mile to self-check and ensure accuracy, strong problem solver who demonstrates strategic thinking
- Able to work independently and strong team player, ability to meeting tight timelines under high pressure situations, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Bilingual French communication an asset.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
•A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to do challenging work
• Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact About RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.