We are seeking a Technical Writer to join the Financial Risk Analytics group. This person will be responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for complex financial software applications in online and PDF formats. The scope of documentation includes user-oriented instructions for deployment, reference information for technical features, API use cases, as well as mathematical methodologies. Additional tasks include working with a team of writers to identify documentation gaps and maintain standards, working with the support team to update an FAQ, and working with subject matter experts to gather information.
Duties & accountabilities
The position requires you to:
• Communicate proficiently in both written and spoken English.
• Update and copyedit existing manuals.
• Write reference-based and task-based user guides for a technical audience.
• Adapt to changing requirements and learn new technology quickly.
• Communicate effectively with multiple teams in multiple time zones to elicit or clarify requirements, coordinate draft reviews, and obtain signoff.
• Prioritise tasks for multiple projects, work with project managers to estimate workload, and deliver documentation on time with software releases.
• Deliver quality material in both PDF and/or online format for multiple product releases per month.
• Work comfortably in Web and Windows operating environments (browsers, applications, workstations, networks, servers, databases).
• Contribute to technical writing team standards, processes, and best practices.
The following skills are not required but would be an asset to the position:
• Familiarity with mathematical notation.
• Ability to read software source code to extract information.
• Hands-on role in software development, such as coding, database, or testing.
• Familiarity with the software development life cycle and/or Agile methodologies.
• Ability to create graphical diagrams to represent software architecture and processes
Experience writing in English
Experience writing software documentation, such as user manuals, training/getting started guides, API references, and/or release notes, and so on.
Exposure and/or understanding of software development (could be a previous software role such as developer or tester/QA/trainer
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.