Senior Analyst, Liquidity Operations
- Victoria, BC, Canada Victoria BC CA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. With $145.6 billion of managed assets, British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is a leading provider of investment management services to British Columbia’s public sector. We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Liquidity Operations in our Investment Operations department, Trade Management branch. The Senior Analyst brings advanced knowledge and experience in implementing a diverse range of Public Markets strategies and provides guidance to the TM branch to operationally support new investment strategies.
~~BCI is seeking a Senior Analyst, Liquidity Operations to join our Investment Operations department. Working within the Trade Management branch, the Senior Analyst brings advanced knowledge and experience in implementing a diverse range of Public Markets strategies and provides guidance to the TM branch to operationally support new investment strategies. The Senior Analyst is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in liquidity operations and charged with providing technical direction and leadership to design and implement work processes to support trading and settlement of liquidity management instruments. The Senior Analyst may also lead a small team tasked with facilitating automation and streamlining existing business processes, implement process improvements, new workflows and develop procedures.
The Investment Operations department is made up of three branches: Trade Management (TM), Cash Operations, and Derivative Operations. These teams support trade settlement, manage daily cash flows, and administer the derivative processing and collateral management for the Corporation.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in the back/middle office of a large asset management or investment firm with extensive experience in operationally supporting diverse investment strategies
• University degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with trading and settlement of all types of liquidity instruments including Term and overnight Repos, Reverse Repos, Buy/Sellbacks and Sell/Buybacks and the trade management processes and practices to support these instruments
• Strong understanding of trading and settling in global markets including emerging and frontier markets
• Thorough understanding of data management, accounting principles, and unitized pool transactions
• Strong team player with a process improvement mindset
• Strong analytical skills and experience resolving trading and valuation discrepancies
• Self directed with hands on experience leading and managing significant change in business processes
• Effective communication and organizational skills with the ability to work efficiently and accurately within a high-pressure environment
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet internal and external deadlines
• Ability to learn new systems and technology effectively, train the team in new systems and technology and trouble shoot
• Training and experience in business area analysis, process modeling, data modeling and project management
• Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to use involved formulas and macros
• Experience in implementing investment management IT systems
• Experience with Bloomberg, and Markit
• Proven ability to lead a small team
• Professional designation such as CFA or other relevant designations
Closing Date: October 9, 2018
To learn more about this position and apply, go to careers.bci.ca/res_joblist.html.
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at careers.bci.ca.