- Yellowknife, NT, Canada Yellowknife NT CA
- Permanent, Full time
- Rio Tinto
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Finance Analyst, to join the Business Partner team, who are responsible for the provision of end to end commercial and financial activities at Diavik, reporting to the Superintendent Finance.
Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds (RTCD) incorporates a portfolio of world class copper and diamond operations and projects. Managed assets include the Argyle and Diavik diamond operations, Kennecott and Oyu Tolgoi copper operations, as well as the Resolution copper project. Non-managed assets include significant interests in the Escondida copper operation in Chile and the Grasberg copper operation in Indonesia.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Diavik finance team, using your discipline expertise to ensure that historical and forward looking financial information is accurate, clearly communicated to key stakeholders. Working on a Monday to Friday schedule, and periodically at Lac de Gras site, you will be reporting to the Finance Superintendent, supporting the operational and functional teams within Diavik.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of historic analysis, forward looking planning and forecasting activities for departments, capital expenditures and the operation as a whole
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of reporting of plan and actuals to the Rio Tinto Group as well as assisting in meeting JV obligations
- Ensure all transactions and accounting activities are in compliance with Group and/or local policy and procedures including ensuring relevant systems and controls, and support statutory and internal audit activities
- Management of third party service providers, supporting finance, accounting and procurement as required
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications, with at least 3 years of experience;
- Post tertiary qualification (eg Certified Public Accountant) is preferred, but not essential
- Relevant analytical, planning and reporting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally within Diavik and externally to Rio Tinto
- Strong computer skills including excel with understanding of general ledger software is desirable particularly SAP software.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Northern residency and experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Job application closes as on July 12th, 2018
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”