AVP, Relationship Management (Beijing)
- Manage a portfolio of exiting accounts in a defined territory. Actual portfolio size will be dependent on needs for territory / segment and can vary across regions.
- Will be responsible for deepening existing relationships, capture price and grow the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition and outstanding service to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. first time mandate, market coverage, cross- and upsell, average price increases
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, define outreach objectives) for existing clients. Aim is to contact every account by phone or by way of in person meetings.
- Undertake a systematic prospects calling plan and other marketing activities aimed at expanding Moody's client portfolio. He/she will keep abreast of market dynamics for all ratings-related opportunities in the region and effectively communicate these as appropriate to peers and senior management.
- Successfully lead commercial negotiations, formulating recommendations for tailored service strategies as necessary to respond to competitive market dynamics
- Proper balance the commercial, legal and compliance aspects of the job, capable of leading effective engagement at senior level both internally and externally, and display a natural strategic acumen that will support Moody's strong market position in both the short and long terms.
- Effectively prepare and conduct telephone and in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently
- Very good communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody's value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in their market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody's service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.