- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
Analyst, Asia Insurance, Financial Institutions Group
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role / Responsibilities:
This position will report to the team responsible for Moody's Financial Institutions ratings in Hong Kong.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of high profile Chinese & Asian insurance companies
- Managing all aspects of the ratings process from timely ratings actions to producing, high quality, insightful and impactful research.
- Communicate views to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with issuers, intermediaries and investors (e.g. conference participation, investors' outreach) to increase Moody's market relevance.
- The successful candidate must be ambitious, a team player, a critical thinker, with superior presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Communication Skills: must be able to articulate, persuasive, timely, insightful and relevant commentary to both internal and external stakeholders regarding credit issues.
Less experienced candidates will be considered for Analyst level.
Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
- 6-9 years' experience in an analytical, research or risk management function of an established financial institution, publishing firm or international body, including experience in financial markets.
- Good understanding of Asian insurance companies and their regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- A solid track record in writing either for an internal or external audience
- Proficiency in English and Chinese required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.