Associate - Corporate Finance - Greater China
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- McKinsey & Company HK
- 25 Jan 18 2018-01-25
You will work with our Corporate Finance Practice in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, or Taipei. Our Corporate Finance Practice works on engagements across industries, advising clients on top-management level issues including corporate strategy and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances, valuation and value-based management, and strategy in IPO situations. We close the gap between Corporate Finance and Strategy to have significant impact on the client business and the top-management agenda.
Corporate Finance Associates are working in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
You will combine traditional management consulting skills with issues and techniques of applied corporate finance, playing an important role in leading-edge knowledge development in areas relevant to corporate finance and strategy. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate.
Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
- 3+ years of strategy, corporate finance, M&A or valuation experience in a consulting firm, investment bank, accounting firm or major corporation; preferably in corporate development or strategic finance
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record
- MBA or finance-related postgraduate degree is an advantage