- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18
Asst. Dir. - Quantitative Economist
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- We are looking for a quantitative Economist and risk modeller whose primary focus will be on economic forecasting; model specification and estimation; analysis of countries, industries, and regions; quantitative risk modelling and coding; and general client assistance.
- We expect the Economist to have a strong quantitative background to be able to develop, maintain, employ, document, and validate variety of macroeconomic, market risk and credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques. Rigorous econometric modelling and coding is required.
- The Economist will also contribute to Moody's Analytics publications and various research products, including Economy.com, and engage in internal and external presentations.
Content Solutions - Economics & Structured Analytics
- Strong academic background - Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Knowledge of econometric techniques and ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills in STATA, MATLAB, R, E-Views, Fortran, SAS or similar statistical platforms.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- English and Mandarin language skills are required. Excellent writing skills in English are required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.