Business Risk Manager
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
As a Business Risk Specialist you will be part of the APAC Operations Risk and Regulatory Services team to provide risk assurance to UBS (China) Ltd. and potentially other distinguished Business Lines within the APAC Group Operations team.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include
• Face off to Senior Stakeholders locally and regionally across multiple departments
• Conduct independent risk assurance work for UBSCL Operations, including testing and risk assessment
• Coordination and delivering of Risk Training / Awareness
• Inputs into the annual review on inherent risk landscape, risk scenarios design effectiveness and test definition of Key Procedural Controls (KPC) in partnership with Group Operations management
• Facilitation of risk process (e.g. Key Procedural Control Incidents (KPCI) Assessment Process)
• Quality Assurance (e.g. re-validation of SOX / KPCI assessment)
• Provide assurance and advisory in relation to Regulatory Adherence, Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing & Offshoring, New Business Initiatives and policies
• Conduct risk analytics and execute risk administration such as risk reporting and deep dives etc.
• Liaise with Group Internal Audit, Compliance & Operational Risk Controls, local Business Risk Organization and regulators
• Potential to obtain light people management accountabilities.
• Adherence review with Group Operations risk framework
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the APAC Operations Risk & Regulatory Shared Services team stationed in Beijing. Our role is to manage Operational Risk focusing on risk analysis and reporting, risk information management and control performance facilitation as well as conduct risk training. You will work directly with the Risk Mangers from around the world.
Your experience and skills
- a university degree
- at least 8 years work experience in Operations within a financial institution and good understanding of the front to back Operations processes
- experience in risk management (1st or 2nd line)
- good understanding of the banking regulations in China
- strong risk mindset; experience in risk management is preferred
- analytical and creative problem solving skills
- excellent communication skills, in both English and Mandarin
- ability to provide practical solutions
- experience in managing people
- a “can do” attitude
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.