CCM SME and Project Manager _ OPER _ Beijing _ 20180503004
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
CCM SME and Project Manager _ OPER _ Beijing _ 20180503004
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
- Work jointly with regional OPER management and Business Lines in the development of products and delivery of quality service to customers.
- To be the CCM OPER contact point for front office, external parties (such as regulators, external auditors and clients), Compliance, Legal, DFIN, etc.
- Act as point of escalation and accountability for country specific issues and provide oversight to issue resolution process
- Devise, implement and perform all necessary controls and ensure compliance of such controls within regulations
- Ensure policies, procedures, best practices, mission and objectives set by regional OPER management are adhered to by the Back Office teams
- Monitor and mitigate operational risks and ensure implementation of a Business Continuity Plan
- Participate and support the SG projects sponsored by or relating to OPER.
- Successful implementation of regional projects and roll-out of systems and tools to meet business needs
- Cultivate a motivated, flexible and value-added workforce for better mobilisation and utilisation of resources
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
Manage, support and deliver CCM related project. Properly arrange the resource and plan, ensure project launching quality.
Provide fully support on new product from all front line. Take part in NPC progress to provide processing solution, impact gap of compliance, increase STP ratio and make properly training with CCM team.
Perform the role of CCM internal control
- Indentify the root cause of incident or issue. Work with production team on the action plan and create the necessary mechanism.
- Regularly review SOP and procedure, to optimize the processing, identify the gap and avoid the risk
- Provide professional suggestion on CI tool, to create mechanism on team management.
- Work with IT on system issue. identify potential risk and user requirement, to enhance our processing system
Formulate plans to improve staff competencies and address training and development needs of the back office team.
Back up LCY and FCY team leaders when they on leave for below BAU activities:
- Responsible for accurate recording and processing of capital market, financing and transversal transactions
- Accountable for ensuring accurate executions of payments and proper reconciliation of the bank's assets
- Responsible for accuracy and reliability of books and records of transaction stocks in production systems
- Supervise and validate the submission of regulatory reports
Controls and Compliance
- Responsible for reviewing and taking appropriate steps to strengthen operational controls within each back office unit
- Responsible for ensuring that all operational issues relating to new products are resolved, procedures and controls in place before the team can process new products
- Responsible for ensuring that each team complies with all SG rules and regulations, local regulatory rules and regulations
- Responsible for reporting to regional OPER management of any breach of controls and regulations
- Responsible for ensuring that any irregularities arising from a breach in controls or regulatory compliance is rectified
- Responsible for enforcing permanent supervision procedures and consistency with internal OPER guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that all discrepancies are reported in a timely manner and rectified accordingly
- Responsible for ensuring that any new sensitive accounts, procedures and assets are incorporated into Permanent Supervision Program
- Ensuring that procedures are in place for the products handled
- Ensuring that each back office team updates its procedures whenever there are changes in procedures or introduction of new products
- Responsible for liaising with Compliance for review of compliance issues prior to implementation of new procedures
Business Continuity Planning
- Implement procedures to deal with local disasters
- Responsible for ensuring the development, implementation, updating and annual testing of Business Continuity Plan
- Responsible for organising the back up of key positions for succession planning
Relationship with Business Lines, other support functions and local regulators
- Responsible for ensuring that each OPER team foster good relationship with business lines and other support functions so as to deliver quality support to the business lines
- Regular communication with local regulators and tax authority to update with new regulations or changes
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Customer Referential for all clients
- Responsible for prompt follow-up of outstanding items
- Ensure completeness and safe custody of security documents and account opening documents
Staff Training and Development
- Responsible for reviewing staff training needs in line with their job functions and responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation of an annual staff training schedule
Academic Background (degree and major)
- Tertiary education in Banking, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
- More than 8 years of working experience in a managerial position with a major bank or a financial institution
- Working experience in the operations areas of Capital Markets, Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking
Skills & Competencies
- Good working knowledge of both LCY and FCY payments processing
- Good presentation skills
- Project management experience is preferred
- Good English Speaking and Writing Skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications