Corporate Relationship Manager - Corporate and Investment Banking - China
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
- To actively develop new client relationship with big SOEs and POEs in southern China region by working together with product lines to win mandates.
- To deepen the relationship with a portfolio of existing local clients with an aim to increasing investment banking penetration with strong focus on investment banking products.
- To guide the Credit Analysis ("CA") closely to ensure credit proposals are structured and priced properly to protect the bank's interest with acceptable return and in line with the global account strategy set out by the Global Relationship Managers
- To work and supervise CAs to complete credit proposals and reviews within reasonable turnaround time. Proper follow up with Risk is also needed in respect of addressing all further enquiries and additional input as needed.
- To plan visits to clients at acceptable frequencies to update business development of the clients as required by the management and the Risk as well as to identify and react to early warning signals on deterioration of counterparty risk and operational risks.
- Work closely with overseas SG network to serve the client global needs.
- To identify cross-selling opportunities on all prospects and existing clients on CIB products and assist the respective CIB product sales to win the mandate from relationship perspective.
- Other ad hoc tasks / relevant responsibilities as assigned by the management
Profile required Academic Background (degree & major)
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
- Bachelor degree (finance or business discipline and Master
- Degree can be a plus)
Skills & Competencies
- At least 10 years of banking experience with no less than 7 years experience as a relationship manager for investment banking products, preferably with a major international bank
- Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
- Sound knowledge on different bank products, particularly for investment banking's one
- Commercial banking/transaction banking products
- Great passion to hunt and market the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with
- ability to build up rapport quickly with clients
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong Team playing
- Able to work in pressure / challenge
- English/Mandarin - Fluent (speaking is a strong plus).
Professional Qualification(if applicable)
- Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must)
Others if any (require to travel, etc)
- CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
- Frequent business travels are required
Business insight Job Summary / Job Purpose
To grow the investment banking business by both actively acquiring new relationships and deepening relationship with existing clients base. As first point of contact to service the relevant
client base, to identify opportunities structure and execute solutions in line with the local business plan and global account strategies
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: 2020/11/24
Publication date: 2020/09/24