Credit Analyst, Structured Finance (13741)
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Credit Analyst, Structured Finance (13741)
Fitch Ratings is a global credit rating agency, dual-headquartered in New York and London and with 49 further offices worldwide. We are dedicated to providing independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data, which deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Our global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans the fixed-income universe. The context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Information Services is comprised of two businesses, Fitch Solutions, and BMI Research:
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, we distribute the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution we bring to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
BMI Research is a research firm that provides macroeconomic, industry and financial market analysis, covering 24 industries and over 200 global markets.
Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions and BMI Research are part of the Fitch Group, together with Fitch Learning. The Fitch Group is majority owned by Hearst
Fitch's Structured Finance team maintains existing ratings and assigns ratings to new structured finance transactions. Fitch currently rates Structured Finance transactions across four main asset classes: Asset Backed Securities, Residential Mortgage Backed Securities, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities and Structured Credit.
We are committed to bringing our legacy of transparency and openness to bear in all areas of the structured finance market. We have developed new investor-focused surveillance tools and enhanced our existing offerings to ensure that a security's risk is clearly identified and that our opinions continue to be objective and forward-looking. In the complex field of global securitization, Fitch Ratings explores every angle of a transaction so that investors have the additional insight and context necessary to make timely and informed business decisions.
Based in Hong Kong, the Structured Finance Research Director will support the development of Fitch's franchise in the APAC region by increasing the breadth and depth of Structured Finance credit research with a primary focus on China. He/she will develop in-depth knowledge of the Chinese securitization market with a particular focus on Fitch-rated securitization transactions. The successful candidate will contribute to developing structured finance criteria across a large range of asset classes and produce high-quality research on the topic.
The Associate Director will also assist the deal teams in undertaking structured finance rating assignments.
The primary duties include:
- Take proactive lead in identifying research topics relevant to Chinese structured finance performance and development with a particular emphasis on communication to international investors developments in Chinese markets. The candidate will be expected to write event-driven, ad hoc commentaries as well as in-depth and longer special reports.
- Develop knowledge of, and publish topical research on, unrated securitization deals and asset classes to assist future growth and investor outreach.
- Participate in the internal rating committees and as the need arises, to attend external management meetings, to develop knowledge of rated deals and asset classes.
- Assist Fitch's franchise by providing analytical insight to market participants (e.g. investor meetings, conference participation, media interviews)
- Ideally around 8 years of work experience from credit or fixed income research
- 3-4 years of work experience in securitization, familiar with structured finance concepts and terminologies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred
- The successful candidate will be fluent (written and oral) in both English and Mandarin
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and fluidly shift between them as priorities change
We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter detailing your suitability for the role plus up-to-date CV and current compensation details. We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.