- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank China
- 11 Oct 17
Deputy City General Manager
- Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Full-time Deputy CGM of BJ branch
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Scope Of Role:
A key leader in Branch who deputizes and/or supports the City General Manager (CGM) mainly in the area of branch administration, financial performance, governance, customer & franchise management, and people & talent as reflected in the City General Manager's role description, when the CGM is not available (e.g. on leave, on business trip, resignation pending appointment of new CGM etc.)
With CGM's presence
1. Branch Governance
1.) Governance and branch administration
* As a key member of the Branch MANCO, assists the City General Manager in implementing a robust corporate governance structure in line with the regulatory requirements and coordinating various issues across Businesses/Functions in branch.
* Provides the CGM with support in compliance, regulatory relationship building, audit/ inspection, operational risks, licenses and other general management and administrative matters as and when required.
* Supports CGM in ensuring proper functioning and management of all systems, operations and premises related matters.
2.) Customer and franchise management - supports CGM to
* Formulate and implement customer need driven business strategies
* Develop and manage key internal and external stakeholders such as regulators, local government and media
* Enhance bank profile through media engagement, brand campaigns and community activities as and when required.
3.) People and talent
* Supports the CGM in driving people agenda and strategic people related initiatives in branch.
* Contributes to effective internal communication across all Businesses, Functions and staff levels in branch.
* Sponsors various staff initiatives at branch level, including staff engagement and Corporate Social Responsibilities related activities, as well as the Employee Relations Congress when set up.
4.) AML prevention accountability
* Support and provide assistance to the City General Manager to fulfill his/her objective in managing the money laundering and fraud risk at city level.
2. Financial performance - supports CGM to
* Drive business performance for all biz segments in the branch
* Achieve highest profitability through managing cost and improving productivity.
In CGM's absence (including when the CGM is on leave or business trip, not available due to conflicting business schedules, and when there is turnover pending the official appointment of a new CGM)
To serve as Acting CGM, takes charge of all aspects particularly the following:
* Acts as the central contact point for government and regulatory officials, attending their meetings/events as the branch's spokesperson and addressing any other requests that they may have (coordinating with the relevant Businesses/Functions as needed).
* Serves as the lead party to interact with auditors and inspectors (internal and external).
* Chairs the branch MANCO meeting and branch Operational Risks Group meetings.
* Manages branch reporting to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory reporting.
* Represents branch in key internal and external events.
* Strong relationship building skills to anchor relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management of the Bank, staff at all levels, key customers, and local government officials as well as regulators at the senior level.
* Good knowledge of the Bank's Businesses and Functions including operational procedures, as well as PRC legal and regulatory requirements.
* Excellent communications, presentation and influencing skills.
* Solid leadership qualities to motivate the team.
* Strategic thinking together with basic financial skills.
* Good command of Putonghua (including written Chinese) and English.
* Good understanding of Chinese cultures and business environments.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.