Financial Control Officer - Corporate Finance / Accounting Beijing
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks:
• Monitoring and management account ownership and assign owners of dedicated GL & Sub-GL account for daily/monthly controls and substantiations
• Implementation of permanent supervision model refer to regional standards
• Update and validation of account substantiation recon methodology for the bank
• Preparation of monthly FCC memo and arrange meeting with regional FCN and relevant departments for aged sundry accounts and pending issues monitoring
• Preparation of quarterly pre-closing risk assessment and control declaration to management and local control team
• Preparation of supporting data for the quarterly I2C control declaration and accounting reconciliation breaks or anomalies to local management and regional financial control team
• Perform 2nd level control for all SG China accounting balances (APS)
• Perform 2nd level control on FO/BO(Economic and Accounting) "passerelle" reconciliation at bank level
• Provide necessary assistant and response to internal and external auditors
• Provide necessary support on the annual financial statement preparation
• Monitor the operational risk declaration of DFIN in GPS. Take responsibility to report any incidents and suspicious cases to ORM.
• Support requirement from compliance related to financial risk control and policy update.
• Other ad-hoc tasks as required
• Cross supporting other DFIN teams and rotation within DFIN will be possible.
Profile Required Academic Background (degree and major)
Bachelor's degree or above. Preferably major in Accounting and Finance. Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
• 5-10 years work experience in consulting/accounting firms at FS section or in Banking and Finance Industry
• Solid product accounting skill in banking business (e.g. commercial banking business, treasury, FX and derivative products, taxation, etc.)
• Good knowledge in financial reporting of both IFRS and CAS gaaps, understand the Chinese regulatory requirements and prudential monitoring guidelines Skills & Competencies
• Ability to perform business analysis & prepare functional specifications
• Ability to investigate, analyse and explain problems, able to implement changes and to facilitate process re-engineering
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, independent with strong analytical mindset, able to manage multiple priorities and solutions simultaneously
• Be able to work under pressure Language Skills
Fluent in English, Native in Mandarin Computer Skill
Proficient computer skills in M/S Office, Outlook, I/E, etc Professional Qualification
Accounting qualification & certificates such as CPA or ACCA, CGA, CIMA/CMA, etc. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Job Summary:
- Supervision on account substantiation and certification process, monitor financial risk and report monthly KRI/KPI dashboard to head of department and senior management of the bank.
- Preparation of monthly FCC memo and quarterly pre-closing risk assessment.
- Cross supporting other DFIN teams
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000YV0
Business unit: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 30/12/2019