Investment Associate - Infrastructure
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.pital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations are divided into two regions, 1 and 2. Each region is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
AIIB is scaling up its support to sector investment programs in client countries and is looking for Investment Associates with experience in sovereign transactions, commercial/investment banks, and/or international financial institutions.
Watch our 1-minute video job description to get to know more about this role, click this link .
- Conduct research on sectoral, industry and market topics;
- Conduct country economic and sectoral assessments;
- Analyze financial statements; create and/or operate financial models using available information;
- Analyze economic, technical and environmental assessments of infrastructure projects;
- Conduct demand modelling and assessment of infrastructure demand models;
- Support early screening of potential investment opportunities, including but not limited to pitchbook preparation;
- Support investment due diligence with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial and related technical, and legal issues are considered;
- Support the preparation of project documents used for approval; and
- Support the implementation and monitoring of investments.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks, professional/engineering/consulting firm, and/or international financial institutions.
- Good understanding of feasibility studies and economic analysis of infrastructure projects.
- Good understanding of financial products such as debt and equity in corporate/project finance transactions.
- Experience in financial/economic analysis of projects.
- Technical expertise in an engineering field such as transport, energy, water or urban sector is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with specialization in business administration or finance, engineering or related fields. Candidates with the CFA designation are preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.