MSIM, Private Equity Group, China RMB Fund, Associate, Beijing
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, institutional securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
MORGAN STANLEY PRIVATE EQUITY ASIA (MSPEA)
( https://www.morganstanley.com/im/en-gb/intermediary-investor/about-us/investment-teams/private-equity-and-credit/private-equity-asia-team.html )
Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia (MSPEA) is one of the leading private equity investors in Asia-Pacific, having invested in the region for over 20 years.
MSPEA invests primarily in highly structured minority investments and control buyouts in growth-oriented companies. The experienced investment team is led by senior professionals with extensive industry relationships, in-depth market knowledge and the ability to apply international investment principles within each local context.
MSPEA has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Mumbai and New York, and leverages the brand and unparalleled global network of Morgan Stanley.
Within MSPEA, the RMB Fund team is currently seeking a driven Junior or Senior Associate to be based in Beijing office.
As an Associate, you will be responsible for these key responsibilities:
- Work closely with other Private Equity professionals to identify, evaluate and execute investment opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Private Equity professionals to monitor the operations of and provide strategic and other advice to portfolio companies.
- Perform and oversee the execution of valuation analyses.
- Conduct industry, business, financial, tax and legal due diligence for transactions in China.
- Support senior management to identify potential investments, to lead the structuring and execution of complex transactions, and to help guide the strategic initiatives for portfolio companies.
- Work directly with senior investment professionals and interacting extensively with China's leading entrepreneurs and the senior management of potential investee companies.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 3 to 5 years of hands on deal experience from leading Private Equity firms necessary.
- An understanding and passion for analyzing a business from an investor’s perspective.
- Capability to identify and capitalize on investment opportunities and source potential investments.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a deal team and sometimes as Execution Leader to support the investment process from thesis definition to sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, value-add and exit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets.
- Must be based in Beijing and with willingness to travel.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and research aptitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to read, write and speak both English and Mandarin essential. English report writing skills necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational ability.