Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Operations Specialist to join the team in China.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for executing and overseeing the lifecycle of orders from receipt to closure (sales and purchase contracts, shipping documentation, letters of credit, insurance claims)
- In charge of organising scheduling for transport (truck, rail and air), chartering vessels, containership management, and releasing material in warehouse
- Work closely with banks for arranging, negotiating and amending letters of credit on behalf of suppliers and customers and executing contracts
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers and customers regarding the status of orders, invoicing, documentation, claim management etc.
- Reports into the Head of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in traffic operations covering ferrous or non-ferrous metals: steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, alumina, nickel, copper, zinc, cobalt, tin, concentrates/raw materials
- Experience in warehouse operations, freight management and material planning
- Familiar with handling shipping documentation (L/Cs), sales and purchase contracts as well as sound understanding of different trade and customs regulations
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Located in/near Beijing or happy to relocate to the area