National AML Compliance Officer, China
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
This position directly reports to Supervisory Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), Asia in BJ, and has accountability for BMO China-wide governance, oversight and assessment of the AML Program.
Knowledge and Skills
• Degree holder in business, accounting, law or related disciplines, or other relevant qualification e.g. ACAM.
• Minimum 5 years of AML compliance/ relevant experience in international banks and total 10 years of relevant compliance areas.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements.
• Work with minimal supervision
• Able to address, analyze and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
• Self-motivated, independent and pleasant personality with good communication skills at all level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin preferred).
• Good understanding of banking business and operations.
• Embed compliance policies, procedures and controls.
• Execute a monitoring process and to ensure AML compliance.
• Implementing and maintaining AML compliance plans as well as review, assess and support of new initiatives.
• Ensure that the ML risks are being effectively identified and put in mitigating steps.
• Strong investigative and analytical ability and detailed oriented.
• Provide best practice AML advice to different business units.
• Provide ongoing guidance on AML compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Manage AML controls for client on boarding and ongoing monitoring; due diligence review (enhanced risk customer); ad-hoc periodic review on existing customer profile.
• Perform transaction monitoring after account activation and identify any suspicious transaction.
• Demonstrated above average judgment and decisiveness.