- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Ratings Analyst, Ratings Analytical
The Location: Beijing, China
The Role: You will act in an analytical position [Corporate / FI / Structured Finance sector], covering a portfolio of leading Chinese issuers. As a primary analyst for credits in the [Corporate / FI / Structured Finance sector] sectors, you will not only perform analytical work and write reports, but also demonstrate your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
The Impact: You will analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
The Career Opportunity: This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals within the financial industry to lead criteria and analytical projects, participating in determining department strategies and priorities.
The Team / The Business:
S&P is establishing a local ratings business in People's Republic of China that will support China's policy goals of financial market reform, increased foreign participation in the domestic capital markets, RMB internationalization and the Belt and Road Initiative. We will operate with a credit rating scale, methodologies and practices customized for the local needs while improving transparency and introducing rigorous standards needed to promote positive change in the country's financial sector.
For this we are setting up a new team of talented analysts to support and grow the business and most importantly lay a strong foundation for the newly established business.
Analytical team members will reside in Beijing, covering a broad range of sectors.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required, and MBA or CFA is preferable. You must have a good understanding of the financial markets, business environment and relevant regulations in the China market.
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for the kind of person who has significant experience within the financial industry. You will play a key role within the Analytical team assisting resolving client's needs and assess client's quarterly financial projections and business plan."
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of credits
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate and be engaged in rating committees. Present findings and your rationale to the rating committee
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Imbibe positive compliance culture within the team and abide by all company and government policies
- Operate with a culture of service excellence in interactions with issuers, investors and intermediaries
- Bachelor degree holder of Finance, Economics or a related subject
- Holder of CFA Designation is preferable
- 3 years of relevant work experience as a credit analyst, equity research or a relevant industry sector in the financial services industry
- Strong network and understanding of the financial market in China
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
About S&P Ratings (China)
S&P Ratings (China) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.