SM (Big Data)-Consulting-Advisory_SZ/SH/BJ
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Contract, Full time
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Ltd
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
SM (Big Data)-Consulting-Advisory_SZ/SH/BJ
PwC - Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau
PwC China, Hong Kong and Macau work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 600 partners and 15,000 people in total.
We provide organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Shenyang, Dalian, Tianjin, Jinan, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Wuhan, Changsha, Xi'an, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Macau.
In PwC Consulting, our work is to help organisations of all shapes and sizes grow faster and work smarter by solving their most complex business issues, from strategy to implementation. Our client might need help entering new markets, addressing the challenges created by organisational change, driving innovation within the organisation, or solving whatever complex issues they might face. We work with inspiring leaders of different industries to deliver results they can measure with a standard of client service that's truly second to none.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Our teams analyze, design, recommend and implement performance improvement solutions for our valued clients in the following areas:
- Define and deliver target operating model;
- Cost reduction initiatives;
- Data management strategy, assessment and implementation;
- Application architecture review and simplification;
- Implementation of New technologies such as Digital, Big Data, Machine Learning etc.;
- Data strategy;
- Data management; and
- Data analytics.
- Developing and bringing to market analytics propositions and services;
- Analytics strategy, target operational model, analytics capability establishment method definition and execution;
- Development of Big Data and advanced analytics market strategy and propositions;
- acknoledage over advanced analytics internal capability development in the areas of data science, big data analytics, natural language processing, real-time analytics;
- Designing and implementing Analytics Centre of Excellence capabilities;
- Establishment of managed service analytics capabilities;
- Establishment of commercially successful relationships with technology vendors; and
- Various modeling tools and techniques - for ex. Operational analytics, predictive analytics etc. Data Architecture and Governance - Including: Architecture Component Modeling, Data Warehouse, Operational Data Stores, Archive and Decommissioning.
Reporting structure & key relationships
Reporting to: Managers and above
Reporting staff: Associate and below
Profile and Skills
- Ambition to build / develop a career in cross industry clients
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to industry clients
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalize these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self-starter') in unstructured environments
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
- Following technical skills would be required for the above roles -
- Enterprise architecture
- System implementation
- Data Mapping
- Data architecture
- Data warehousing
- Traditional data management such as MDM, Governance and industry modeling (FS).
- Data governance, lineage, quality and sourcing and associated tools such as Collabra, Abolition, Trillium
- Data Analytics toolsets such as SAS Analytics, IBM Watson, BAT or open source technologies.
- Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop)
- Package selection
Big Data is a key growth area for us and we're looking for exceptional candidates with a mixture of the following skills
- Experience with range of data tools, for example: SAS, Teradata, AbInitio, MarkLogic, Tableau, Cloudera, Informatica, Qlikview; Experience with front office tools such as Summit, Murex, Calypso, Datatech would be preferable;
- Hands-on experience delivering Data Management and Big Data projects in either a technical or project management/scrum master capacity;
- Familiarity with technologies including Hive, Spark, Atlas, Ranger, Sqoop, Nifi;
- A understanding of patterns to implement enterprise Big Data security and governance;
- A understanding of patterns to ingest data into a Big Data solution;
- A knowledge of data modeling methodologies applicable in Big Data environments;
- The ability to articulate Big Data use cases relevant in Financial Services;
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar and ideally an MBA or MSc; and
- Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with the ability to manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally.