Senior Manager, Financial Management & Reporting
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China Beijing Beijing Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
The Senior Manager, Management Reporting is a key member of the finance team in Asia. Working closely with the CFO the role is responsible for all aspects of management reporting for Asia. This includes planning, forecasting and reporting based on the banks methodologies and providing finance support for decision making in Asia.
1. Responsible for Asia branch level budgets, tracking actual results against plan and providing meaningful analysis of variations to assist business heads and CFO to evaluate performance of business.
2. Work closely with finance staff at head office in Asia to ensure robust planning, forecasting and reporting of Asia platform results. Ensure all corporate requirements are met with respect to Asia reporting.
3. Undertake analysis to evaluate the profitability of strategic initiatives. Provide advice to CFO and business heads on financial impact of strategies adopted.
4. Streamline financial reporting processes to ensure reporting requirements are met in an efficient manner.
5. Position financial information as best as possible to provide flexible reporting given the changing needs of the Banks Asia growth strategy.
6. Assist the CFO in developing financial strategies and solutions that are in line the banks stated objectives.
7. Work with CFO to ensure senior management is kept aware of the impact of decisions on financial results.
8. Actively participate in special projects as required.
- Professional Accounting qualification (in addition a CFA would be very useful)
- Seasoned Finance professional - minimum of 12 years within the financial services industry.
- Excellent understanding of the function as outlined and related best practices
- Very broad understanding and experience in financial management & strategy
- Strong understanding of banking products
• Strong technical skill set with the ability to pick up skills / knowledge very quickly
• Emotional maturity – ability to adapt and operate under challenging and demanding environment
• Strong leadership / management skills
• Strong commitment to job
• Ability to operate with a significant degree of independence with senior executives of BMO
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced presentation skills
• Advanced financial, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet very tight timelines, without compromising the integrity of the information
• Advanced interpersonal skills
• Strong customer service and client focus
• PC skills with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint