Software Engineer - Investment Banking Division Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
IBD Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with IBD Bankers. You will be responsible for owning the on-shore China product portfolio to enable the expansion of the investment banking business, including on-boarding vendor products, development, and support of on-shore products. Vendor engagement, regulatory interactions, and working alongside onshore and global engineering teams is part of the profile. We are looking for exceptional people who:
- Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
- Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Bring proven technical expertise ready to evaluate and on-board vendor platforms supporting expansion of IBD business in China onshore market.
- Establish and enforce governance model for offshore systems leveraged by GSGH IBD.
- Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design to contribute to global systems leveraged by GSGH IBD.
- Enjoy or want to learn full stack development and deployment working across a breadth of technologies: Java, Spring, Dropwizard, Hibernate.
- Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 3+ years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Recent hands-on experience with Java 8, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate,
- Exposure to Oracle, Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
- Prior exposure to working with Regulators is very valuable
- Experience with collaborating and deploying vendor systems
- Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and ability to excel in a global team
- ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment is added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken Chinese
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity