Technology Operational Risk Management - APAC Specialist - VP
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Technology & Cyber Security Operational Risk Management (Tech & Cyber ORM) is a firm-wide group within Risk with oversight responsibility for the implementation of the JPMC Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for Global Technology. The Tech & Cyber ORM provides an independent view of Technology & Cyber risk to the firm's management and Board of Directors. This role is within the Tech & Cyber ORM APAC team based in Beijing or Shanghai
The Technology Engineer has subject matter expertise in a specific technology processes or domains, performs independent risk assessments on specific technology either in use in the firm today or proposed. Provides subject matter expertise to independent technology risk assessments. Identifies areas of emerging technologies that introduce risk and may require control assessment. Understands third party risks as applied to technology. Provides values and insight to the JPMC technology organization's risk management practices Key responsibilities include:
• Perform deep inspection of specific technologies in targeted processes or firm-wide evaluation.
• Keep abreast of current technology trends, vulnerabilities, and emerging technologies.
• Engage with technology teams to gain full understanding of technology and control environment.
• Perform significant event reviews.
• Independently assess technology risk management and controls across the bank
• Understand third party risks as related to specific technology area of expertise.
• Risk assessment of the impact of changing software on the JPMC technology portfolio. As new technology is introduced and old technology is phased out, the risk position of the firm will have a changing residual risk position.
• Coordination and key participation in the development of the evolving risk position of new technology. For each of the technology areas in focus, this person will be charged with escalating and tracking the individual risk items.
• Work with appropriate technology areas to identify potentially elevated risk concentrations globally or regionally and perform assessments of the corresponding inherent risks and mitigating controls. Recommend any adjustments required to meet JPMC policy, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
• Develop and perform ongoing analysis of Operational Risk loss, near miss and external events to inform RCSA results, technology assessments and scenario analysis. Investigate Operational Risk events meeting selection criteria; assist LOB OROs in determining the appropriate consideration of technology risk management and risk events.
• Participate in key portfolio governance forums.
• Provide feedback and coordination with the application risk assessment process.
• BS/BA degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years or more proven experience in technology development, engineering or technical architecture with financial services experience
• Working knowledge and interest of current and emerging technologies
• Understanding of LOB processes or technology.
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required.
• Track record of collaboration and relationship building
• Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
• Proven track record of taking ideas forward without supervision and challenging others, where appropriate
• Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
• Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions
• Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
• Knowledgeable in China regulatory requirements
• Fluent in Mandarin