Regional Security Director
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Career International
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
The Global IT Team seeks to hire a Regional Security Director , reporting to the CISO in Menlo Park. The primary objectives of the Director will be: 1. Implement and maintain global security and operational standards. 2. Work with IT teams and local business units to define and communicate team priorities. 3. Serve as senior security handson technical resource in the region.
Sequoia is a global venture capital firm with offices in Menlo Park, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong
Kong, Shenzhen, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Singapore, and Israel.
The Global Technology team is led by VP of Technology located in the US. The local China
team consists of our Technology Specialist based in Beijing and outsourced helpdesk support in
Shanghai and Hong Kong. There are approximately 100 users across all three offices in the
The Global IT Team seeks to hire a Regional Security Director , reporting to the CISO in Menlo
Park. The primary objectives of the Director will be:
1. Implement and maintain global security and operational standards.
2. Work with IT teams and local business units to define and communicate team priorities.
3. Serve as senior security handson technical resource in the region.
1. Work with local teams to implement global security standards. Plan projects, delegate
tasks, and do hands on technical work. Perform ongoing monitoring of security protocols
and perform remediation as required.
2. Work with local teams to understand how local needs affect security planning. Identify
new security requirements that stem from local business processes, identify where
proposed security solutions present challenges to local business needs. Work with local
and global teams to refine policies as appropriate.
3. Serve as local point of contact to respond to security incidents identified by 3rd party
SOC and internal alerts. Serve as local point of contact to support 3rd party vulnerability
4. Enforce and audit security policy with 3rd party vendors, including outsourced IT,
application developers, finance contractors.
5. Implement and maintain physical security standards including server and data room
6. Collaborate with local and global teams to define local IT priorities. Document and
communicate priorities to local business units on a quarterly basis.
7. Serve as point of technical escalation for solving challenging technical problems while
maintaining proper security posture.
Bilingual Mandarin and English. High technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn and apply
new skills without formal training. Security mindset and understanding of core security
principles and best practices. Hard working, strong sense of ownership and personal
responsibility. Team player with experience teaching others technical skills. 7+ years of
detailed, handson implementation experience with, and deep technical understanding of
implementing and troubleshooting the majority of these business networking technologies:
Switches / Wifi / Multiple VLANs
Routing / Private WAN / Internet Routing
Firewalls / Policies / Best Practices
DNS, SMTP, Mail Routing
Managing Microsoft Exchange 2010+ Environment, clients and servers
Active Directory, Group Policy, Delegation
Managing and Securing Windows and Linux Servers
Managing and Securing Windows and Mac computers
Managing and Securing Mobile Devices (Android and iOS)
Server Virtualization technology
Security protocols, SSL, encryption, multifactor authentication
IPbased Videoconferencing and Network QOS