520 - Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
Why this role is important to us:
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for: Internal operations and staff Management
- Supervise employees on a daily basis, including tasks delegation, employee development, goal setting, performance appraisal, etc.
- Review accounting, financial statements, correspondence and deliverables of employees.
- Coordinate with auditors internal and external to meet deadlines and requirements.
- Ensure all internal controls and compliance procedures are properly implemented
Client relationship management
- Close interaction with a portfolio of clients on a regular basis
- To pro-actively identify/ensure understanding of client's needs and to coordinate internally to support the client's requirements/resolve client issues
- Manage the process of new business/clients onboarding to State Street. Projects:
Academy and experience required:
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
The AVP interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. A strong foundation with communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must also have the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Proactive and multi -task
- Strong client relationship experience preferred
- Prior staff management experience
- Qualified Accountant; strong accounting and/or fund administration experience
- Working experience in audit/private equity industry/fund administration sectors is preferred
- Proficiency in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin). English is a must
- 8 years+ relevant working experience is required