Application Development / Maintenance, AVP
Who we are looking for
Technical Lead for GTS - Global Delivery IT Team What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Work as architect to build technical solution and workflow layout, covering but not limited to system integration and development, production support, infrastructure evaluation, change management, troubleshooting and business implementation.
- Take the accountability of project implementation and platform build, work with various platform teams to roll out full set of product and infrastructure to support local business objective and client onboarding.
- Develop the project plan, work breakdown structure, resourcing required, and budget to support execution, ensure the delivery within budget and challenging deadline.
- Build engineering team and culture to adopt new technology stack and practice, improve the overall efficiency and quality.
- Ensure project governance is in place, comply with all State Street policies, clearly understood by the teams involved, and always ensure checks and balances are in place for program delivery.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner both written and orally with all levels of the organization.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ year experience in financial service technology and development, preferably: computer science, software engineering.
- Technology oriented mindset supporting business value realization.
- Highly organized and methodical in approach and execution to ensure high-caliber delivery.
- Strong background in platform level development and production support, and scaled team management across locations.
- Strong project management methods and techniques to ensure coordination of and processes across all regions, to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong proficiency to operate independently, problem solving, exercise prudent judgment, and escalate to appropriate parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient presenting skills in both English and Mandarin.
Additional requirements Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree or higher, majored in computer science, software engineering or related field is preferred
- Excellent English writing, listening and speaking skills
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers